The online summer session is open to all students in Manitoba who have not successfully completed a course(s) during the regular academic year or wish to improve their passing grade.
We know that due to COVID-19 many students have had disruptions in their learning. InformNet summer session is a great option for those who may want or need more specific instruction in a course(s) to help prepare for the next year.
- Summer Session courses are FREE for CURRENT Manitoba high school students. (Fees are covered by the Manitoba Government to help bridge disruptions in student learning due to the COVID-19 challenges.)
Adult learners and will be assessed a fee of $210 per course.
Summer session courses are repeater-based – students need to have previously taken and completed the course and want to improve their mark.
InformNet Summer Session is Manitoba's only online summer school program.
- Students may register online at www.informnet.mb.ca and click the registration link at the top of the page. The link goes live May 3, 2021.
- Students cannot be registered for more than 2 classes due to time restrictions and the heavy workload associated with this level of course commitment.
- Students will have access to 45 hours of instructional material from July 2 to July 30.
- All online courses have a teacher who is available to the students each day (Mon. to Fri.).
- Students need access to a computer and the Internet.
- Course materials are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from July 2 to July 30. (All related course work must be completed on or before July 30.)
- Summer Session registration closes on Monday, July 5, 2021 or when capacity is reached
THE BENEFITS OF SUMMER SESSION
- Summer school may not be available in your local area.
- Summer employment may not be possible with structured summer school hours.
- Students who have had disruptions in their learning due to the COVID-19 challenges and want more specific instruction in a course(s) to help prepare for the next school year.
SUMMER SESSION RUNS FROM JULY 2-JULY 30.
Grade 12 - Math Introduction to Calculus 45S (3940)
In order to be successful, students need to log in consistently - logging in one to three hours a day, five times a week. This schedule will give the best chance for a successful course completion. The majority of the summer courses consist of four modules. The workload normally consists of one or two assignments per module, discussion and/or journal postings and a module test. (Some courses may also include a final exam). InformNet summer courses are completed 100% online.
All online courses are facilitated by a certified teacher, who has teaching experience and expertise in the subject area. You may access your course, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Brightspace learning management system contains an internal message and announcement system. Your instructor will send you a welcome message, during the first week of classes. The instructor will also answer any questions you have within 24 hours (not including weekends) and mark any assignments and tests within a timely manner. Please note that you must use the internal email system to contact your teacher.
Final marks are sent to your home school. Please check with your home school and contact the InformNet office if your school informs you that the mark has not been received.
Students register by clickimg the registration button at the top of the page. Students will need to know their Manitoba Education and Training student Number (MET#). This is a 9 digit number that is given to each student attending school in Manitoba. It is found on the transcript or report card. It is sometimes called a provincial student number. Example: 103 ### 098. The registration link goes live May 3, 2021.
You can register online by completing our Registration Form .