InformNet is an accredited online high school.
InformNet courses (offered by both the Pembina Trails and St. James-Assiniboia School Divisions) provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s day school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
2021-22 COURSE LISTINGS located here.
New for 2021-22:
- Selected French Immersion courses.
- ELA Literary Focus 30S and 40S
Students have a choice between two learning options:
1. Blended Learning Option: This student-directed option is our most popular option and offers students the most control in their learning. Students work through Brightspace learning modules, submit the module assignments, and finally complete the specified online tests.
- All work is marked within 24 hours by the course teacher. If students need concept clarification, they contact the course teacher through Classlist emails.
- Full time InformNet teachers offer virtual classroom (synchronous learning) options in Brightspace to focus students before assessments, for remedial instruction, to supplement content, direct problem solving, individual meetings, parent-teacher conferences and finally to build community. These virtual meetings are recorded and sometimes embedded back into the course when applicable.
- The blended model offers students more options as they still attend their day school and take InformNet classes on top of their regular course schedule. It allows student to catch up on missed credits and work ahead.
- Courses are semestered.
- Students will receive daily teacher lead - whole class instruction at a specified time.
- Supplementary and support content is given through Brightspace learning modules.
- Course assignments and tests will be given with specific due dates required.
- Grade 9 and 10 level - required courses for graduation only.
Students are expected to follow InformNet’s Academic Honesty Policy
Academic integrity is a concept used to address the many aspects of validity within a student's work. A student who maintains a high standard of academic integrity maintains that the work he or she turns in is authentic and true to the knowledge he or she has acquired. InformNet is committed to ensuring the integrity and validity of student achievement within its courses by promoting academic honesty. Students are responsible for upholding integrity and will be held accountable for the quality of their work and actions. Read more
Attendance Policy (Blended Option)
- Parents and students receive email notification when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 10 days
- A removal warning notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 20 days.
- Course removal notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any meaningful work for 30 consecutive days.
Attendance Policy (Synchronous Option)
- Parent/guardian to email their child's InformNet teacher if the student will be or is away.
- Three (3) unexcused absences in a row - InformNet Administrator will contact the parent/student.
- Four (4) unexcused absences in a row - InformNet Administrator will contact the parent/student.
- Discussion about switching out of the synchronous option to the blended class.
- Eight (8) unexcused absences - student may be moved to the blended model.
- Ten (10) unexcused absences - student will be moved to the blended model or removed from the course.
InformNet Virtual Tour
- Course listing for 2021-22
- School Year Fee: $310 per course
- Course Handbook
- Contact your Manitoba high school guidance or administration team to register for an InformNet class.
- Students who register for courses directly are charged the course fee. The InformNet administration team reviews all registrations.