Summer Session 2021 information has been posted in the above "Summer School" and "SS FAQS" tabs.
InformNet is an accredited online high school.
InformNet courses (offered by both the Pembina Trails and St. James-Assiniboia School Divisions) provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s day school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
InformNet classes are asynchronous. This means that the teacher and the students in the course all engage with the course content at different times (and from different locations). The teacher provides students with a sequence of learning modules (course content) which the students move through as their schedules permit.
Each learning module might make use of assigned readings or uploaded media, online quizzes, discussion boards, and more. Students work through the learning modules, work through the exercises and assignments, submit them and complete the module test. The teacher acts as a facilitator for the students, provides them with feedback, and assesses them as needed. Students work at their own pace but are guided by due dates.
Online learning is not for everyone. It is an opportunity given to students who cannot get into a course offered at their school, need a credit required for graduation or would like to try a course not offered at their home school. The guidance counselor and school administration have the right to limit access to online courses if there are relevant academic issues associated with the student that would hinder the progress in an online environment.
Students are expected to follow InformNet’s Academic Honesty Policy
Academic integrity is a concept used to address the many aspects of validity within a student's work. A student who maintains a high standard of academic integrity maintains that the work he or she turns in is authentic and true to the knowledge he or she has acquired. InformNet is committed to ensuring the integrity and validity of student achievement within its courses by promoting academic honesty. Students are responsible for upholding integrity and will be held accountable for the quality of their work and actions. Read more
- Parents and students receive email notification when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 10 days
- A removal warning notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 20 days.
- Course removal notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any meaningful work for 30 consecutive days.
InformNet Virtual Tour
- Course listing for 2021-22
- School Year Fee: $300 per course
- Course Handbook
- Contact your Manitoba high school guidance or administration team to register for an InformNet class.
- Students who register for courses directly are charged the course fee. The InformNet administration team reviews all registrations.
Who can take an InformNet course?
- Enrolment is open to all high school students living in Manitoba and registered in a Manitoba high school.
- Students can take no more than two (2) online classes per semester to ensure success and academic balance.
Role of the Student
- Being in regular attendance. Attendance is defined as submitting your work and participating fully in class activities.
- Students are expected to make their assignments a priority and participate in all class activities including discussions, projects and assignments.
Role of the Teacher
- The teacher provides interesting instructional materials based on approved Manitoba Education.
- The teacher will be available to students online on a daily basis. This involves checking and responding to e-mail regularly throughout the day, and contacting the student or parent.
Role of the Parent
- InformNet teachers provide the opportunity to assist the student in his or her assignments.
- Parents supervise their students at home and may review assignments with them.