InformNet is an accredited online high school.
InformNet courses (offered by both the Pembina Trails and St. James-Assiniboia School Divisions) provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s home school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
Online learning is not for everyone. It is an opportunity given to students who cannot get into a course offered at their school, need a credit required for graduation or would like to try a course not offered at their home school. The guidance counselor and school administration have the right to limit access to online courses if there are relevant academic issues associated with the student that would hinder the progress in an online environment.
Many student have the same questions when working online. Here are some videos that can help you to get started.
- Course listing for 2019-2020
- Course fee: $525 per course
- Summer School fee: $210 per course
- Course description
- Course demo
Students who are registered in a Pembina Trails or a St. James-Assiniboia school do not pay student fees for regular school year courses. There are limited free seats for students attending public high schools in Winnipeg School Division.
Who uses InformNet?
- Students registered in high schools that may not be able to provide core, complimentary or optional courses for a variety of reasons. (e.g. staffing, scheduling and enrollment)
- Students who are currently on a home school program. (e.g. health issues and schools of choice decisions)
Role of the Student
- Being in regular attendance. Attendance is defined as submitting your work and participating fully in class activities.
- Students are expected to make their assignments a priority and participate in all class activities including discussions, projects and assignments.
Role of the Teacher
- The teacher provides interesting instructional materials based on approved Manitoba Education.
- The teacher will be available to students online on a daily basis. This involves checking and responding to e-mail regularly throughout the day, and contacting the student or parent.
Role of the Parent
- InformNet teachers provide the opportunity to assist the student in his or her assignments.
- Parents supervise their students at home and may review assignments with them.