InformNet is an accredited online high school.
InformNet courses (offered by both the Pembina Trails and St. James-Assiniboia School Divisions) provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s day school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
Students have a choice between two learning options:
1. Blended Learning Option: This student-directed option is our most popular option and offers students the most control in their learning. Students work through Brightspace learning modules, submit the module assignments, and finally complete the specified online tests.
- All work is marked within 24 hours by the course teacher. If students need concept clarification, they contact the course teacher through Classlist emails.
- Full time InformNet teachers offer virtual classroom (synchronous learning) options in Brightspace to focus students before assessments, for remedial instruction, to supplement content, direct problem solving, individual meetings, parent-teacher conferences and finally to build community. These virtual meetings are recorded and sometimes embedded back into the course when applicable.
- The blended model offers students more options as they still attend their day school and take InformNet classes on top of their regular course schedule. It allows student to catch up on missed credits and work ahead.
- Courses are semestered.
- Students will receive daily teacher lead - whole class instruction at a specified time.
- Supplementary and support content is given through Brightspace learning modules.
- Course assignments and tests will be given with specific due dates required.
- Grade 9 and 10 level - required courses for graduation only.
Students are expected to follow InformNet’s Academic Honesty Policy
Academic integrity is a concept used to address the many aspects of validity within a student's work. A student who maintains a high standard of academic integrity maintains that the work he or she turns in is authentic and true to the knowledge he or she has acquired. InformNet is committed to ensuring the integrity and validity of student achievement within its courses by promoting academic honesty. Students are responsible for upholding integrity and will be held accountable for the quality of their work and actions. Read more
- Parents and students receive email notification when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 10 days
- A removal warning notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 20 days.
- Course removal notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any meaningful work for 30 consecutive days.
InformNet Virtual Tour
- Course listing for 2021-22
- School Year Fee: $300 per course
- Course Handbook
- Contact your Manitoba high school guidance or administration team to register for an InformNet class.
- Students who register for courses directly are charged the course fee. The InformNet administration team reviews all registrations.
Who can take an InformNet course?
- Enrolment is open to all high school students living in Manitoba and registered in a Manitoba high school.
- Students can take no more than two (2) online classes per semester to ensure success and academic balance.
Role of the Student
- Being in regular attendance. Attendance is defined as submitting your work and participating fully in class activities.
- Students are expected to make their assignments a priority and participate in all class activities including discussions, projects and assignments.
Role of the Teacher
- The teacher provides interesting instructional materials based on approved Manitoba Education.
- The teacher will be available to students online on a daily basis. This involves checking and responding to e-mail regularly throughout the day, and contacting the student or parent.
Role of the Parent
- InformNet teachers provide the opportunity to assist the student in his or her assignments.
- Parents supervise their students at home and may review assignments with them.