Online registration OPENS May 2, 2022.
- The online summer session is open to all students in Manitoba who have not successfully completed a course(s) during the regular academic year or wish to improve their passing grade.
- InformNet Summer Session does fill up. We are able to offer 1500 free seats to high school students in Manitoba.
- Students can register for a maximum of 2 courses .
- InformNet summer session is a great option for those who may want or need more specific instruction in a course(s) to help prepare for the next year.
- The Manitoba Government is covering the usual $210 per course fee for current Manitoba high school students. There is no course fee for summer session registration this year. This commitment will help bridge disruptions in student learning due to the COVID-19 challenges.
- Adult learners will be assessed a fee of $210 per course.
Summer session courses are repeater-based – students need to have previously taken and completed the course and want to improve their mark.
InformNet Summer Session is Manitoba's only online summer school program.
- Students may register online at www.informnet.mb.ca and click the registration link at the top of the page.
- Students cannot be registered for more than 2 classes due to time restrictions and the heavy workload associated with this level of course commitment.
- Students will have access to 45 hours of instructional material from July 4 to July 29.
- All online courses have a teacher who is available to the students each day (Mon. to Fri.).
- Students need access to a computer and the Internet.
- Course materials are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from July 4 to July 29. (All related course work must be completed on or before July 29.)
- Summer Session registration closes when capacity is reached.
- A few days before classes start, InformNet emails student log on information (username and password) along with support documentation.
THE BENEFITS OF SUMMER SESSION
- Summer school may not be available in your local area.
- Summer employment may not be possible with structured summer school hours.
- Students who have had disruptions in their learning due to the COVID-19 challenges and want more specific instruction in a course(s) to help prepare for the next school year.
SUMMER SESSION RUNS FROM JULY 4 - JULY 29.
Grade 12 - Math Introduction to Calculus 45S (3940)
In order to be successful, students need to log in consistently - logging in one to three hours a day, five times a week. This schedule will give the best chance for a successful course completion. The majority of the summer courses consist of four modules. The workload normally consists of one or two assignments per module, discussion and/or journal postings and a module test. (Some courses may also include a final exam). InformNet summer courses are completed 100% online.
All online courses are facilitated by a certified teacher, who has teaching experience and expertise in the subject area. Students may access the course, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Brightspace learning management system contains an internal message and announcement system. The instructor will answer any questions you have within 24 hours (not including weekends) and mark any assignments and tests within a timely manner. Please note that you must only use the internal email system to contact the course teacher.
Final marks are sent to the student's day school. Please check with the day school and contact the InformNet office if your mark has not been received.
Students register by clicking the registration button at the top of the page. Students will need to know their Manitoba Education and Training student Number (MET#). This is a 9 digit number that is given to each student attending school in Manitoba. It is found on the transcript or report card. It is sometimes called a provincial student number. Example: 103 ### 098.
Other Summer School Opportunities
- Winnipeg School Division Summer School (Non - Repeater Classes)
- Louis Riel School Division Summer School
- Seven Oaks School Division Summer School
You can register online by completing our Registration Form .