InForm Net is an internet based alternative instructional environment where students participate in online learning experiences to achieve credits in high school course approved by Manitoba Education.
Inform Net courses (offered by the both Pembina Trails and St. James-Assiniboia School Division) provides students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s home school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
Online learning is not for everyone. It is an opportunity given to students who cannot get into a course offered at their school, need a credit required for graduation or would like to try a course not offered at their home school. The guidance counselor and school administration have the right to limit access to online courses if there are relevant academic issues associated with the student that would hinder the progress in an online environment.
Academic integrity is a concept used to address the many aspects of validity within a student's work. A student who maintains a high standard of academic integrity maintains that the work he or she turns in is authentic and true to the knowledge he or she has acquired. InForm Net is committed to ensuring the integrity and validity of student achievement within its courses by promoting academic honesty. Students are responsible for upholding integrity and will be held accountable for the quality of their work and actions. Read more
Classes are FULL for Semester 1
BEAT THE RUSH...Register now for Semester 2 classes!
- To register for a second semester class click on the "Registration" button on the top of the page and choose your courses.
- Please note that a student and parent email address is required during the registration process. This additional information helps us communicate and work towards successful credit completion.
Student progress reports are snap-shots of log in behaviour, assignment and assessment updates as well as general themes addressing student work and credit success. The reports also give the student’s current mark in the course. Progress reports are sent to both the student and parent/guardian email addresses.
InForm Net is a program, not a school, and therefore has no authority when it comes to the writing of provincial exams. All final marks issued by InFormNet are based on a final mark of 100%. If a student has written a provincial exam, the student’s home school is responsible for adjusting the student’s final mark.
- Notification sent out when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 10 days
- A removal notification will be emailed if you have not logged in or completed any work for 20 days
- Removal from the course if you have not logged in or completed any work for 30 consecutive days
Log in to your Blackboard Learning course(s).
Many student have the same questions when working online. Here are some videos that can help you to get started.
- Course listing for 2015-16
- Course fee $500
- Course description
- Course demo
Students who are registered in a Pembina Trails or a St. James-Assiniboia school do not pay student fees for regular school year courses.
Who uses InForm Net?
- Students registered in high schools that may not be able to provide core, complimentary or optional courses for a variety of reasons. (e.g. staffing, scheduling and enrollment)
- Students who are currently on a home school program. (e.g. health issues and schools of choice decisions)
Role of the Student
- Being in regular attendance. Attendance is defined as submitting your work and participating fully in class activities.
- Students are expected to make their assignments a priority and participate in all class activities including discussions, projects and assignments.
Role of the Teacher
- The teacher provides interesting instructional materials based on approved Manitoba Education.
- The teacher will be available to students online on a daily basis. This involves checking and responding to e-mail regularly throughout the day, and contacting the student or parent.
Role of the Parent
- InForm Net teachers provide the opportunity to assist the student in his or her assignments.
- Parents supervise their students at home and may review assignments with them.